The combination of ingredients may be surprising, but believe us, this fresh salad is a delicacy! Can be served as an appetizer or as a light meal.
- 1/3 cup pearl barley
- 1 lb beef sirloin (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 cups red grapes
- ½ bunch parsley
- Salt, pepper
- ½ onion, chopped fine
- 2 tsp allspice, ground
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 2 tsp sumac, ground
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp sumac, ground
- 1 pinch allspice, ground
- 1 pinch black pepper, ground
- ½ tsp coriander, ground
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Cook barley in 3 cups of water until cooked al dente (around 30 minutes).
- Drain and refrigerate. Set aside.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and marinate beef for about 1 hour.
- Grill meat for one minute on each side, ensuring it’s still bloody in the center.
- Halve grapes.
- Chop parsley.
- Mix dressing ingredients together.
- In a large bowl, mix grapes, barley, parsley and dressing.
- Slice the beef into thin strips. Add to the salad.
- Mix everything together and adjust seasoning.