We prefer white fish filets for this recipe. It’s also great with ¾-inch thick tuna steaks.
- 4 fish filets
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Cajun Spices
- 4 Tbsp clarified butter or coconut oil
- 4 scallions, sliced
- 4 Tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 lemon
- Gently rinse filets in cold water. Place fish, skin-side down, on a few paper towels. Place 2-3 sheets of paper towels on top. Let dry for 2 minutes.
- Remove paper towels on top and salt the fish. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grind spices; sprinkle on both sides of fish.
- Heat a pan on medium. Pour in half the clarified butter and place fish skin-side up. Let cook for 3-4 minutes without touching it.
- Spread remaining clarified butter on each piece of fish. Flip mackerel with a long spatula. Cook for 2 minutes more.
- Lay fish on plates and garnish with chopped parsley and sliced scallions. Serve with lemon quarters.
A variation of the Indian-style Pan-fried Mackerel from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home