These stuffed crepes make a plentiful dish, great with a side salad. They’re perfect for brunch.
- 8 crêpes (around 8 inches in diameter)
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 1 onion, minced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2½ cups milk
- Nutmeg, grated, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 leek, sliced thin
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 Tbsp Quebec Herb Blend
- Salt and pepper
- You will make the béchamel in the pot while sautéing the onions in butter on medium-high heat.
- When the onions are golden, add the flour and cook one more minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring regularly, until the béchamel is thick. Set aside.
- Heat another pot on medium-high. Sweat the leeks in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
- Add ham, herbs, salt, pepper and spices. Sauté 3 more minutes.
- Divide stuffing equally among the 8 crepes. Add 1 Tbsp of béchamel to each crepe, then wrap around the stuffing to form a bundle.
- Place the crepe bundles on an oven-proof dish and cover with remaining béchamel.
- cheese and bake in the oven for around 30 minutes.