These little skewers cook very nicely in a pan. We prefer to grill the fatty side first for a nice, crispy crust, which also ensures a nice, pink center. These satays are traditionally served with peanut sauce
Makes about 12 Skewers
- 2 duck breasts
- 2 Tbsp Balinese Curry
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Remove any excess fat from the duck. Cut into ¾ inch cubes.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Marinate the dusk in the spice paste for a few hours (at least 1 hour).
- Réserver la marinade. Put 3-4 pieces of meat on each skewer. Make sure that the fatty side of the duck is on the same side of each skewer.
- Heat a pan on medium and place the skewers, fatty side down, in the pan.
- Cook until the skin begins to brown and fat begins to melt (5-6 minutes).
- Brush the skewers with the remaining marinade.
- Return the skewers to the pan with tongs and cook the remaining 3 sides quickly (about 1 minute each side).
- Serve with peanut sauce.