The East Coast Spice Blend for Seafood is used primarily to fragrance crabcakes and all kinds of seafood dishes. Here we use it to make a savory and fragrant butter that goes deliciously well with crab or lobster, without masking their inherent flavour.
- ½ lb butter
- 2 tsp of ground East Coast Spice Blend
- Salt, to taste
- 4 green onions
- 2 tsb of lemon juice
- 2 tsb of white wine
- Chop up the green onions whilst separating the green parts from the white.
- Put all the ingredients into a pot, except the green parts of the onions.
- Heat the pot on medium heat, until the butter has completely melted.
- Bring to a boil. Add the remaining green onion. Simmer on low heat for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm, as a dip, with crab or lobster.