This potato salad is perfect for a summer BBQ or potluck. For a really great salad, sprinkle the potatoes with liquid (wine, vermouth, stock) while they’re still hot. This will prevent them from absorbing too much dressing.
- 2 lbs new potatoes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 large dill pickle
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 cup cooked green peas
- ¼ cup chopped dill or herb of your choice
- 1 pack scallions, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp East Coast seafood blend
- 4 Tbsp wine vinegar
- ¼ cup dill pickle juice
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- Boil potatoes until they can be easily pierced with a knife.
- Drain the potatoes and lay them on a plate to cool for 5 minutes. When they’re no longer burning hot, chop them into pieces and sprinkle with wine. Let cool 30 minutes.
- Place all dressing ingredients, except the oil, in a large bowl and stir well. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Finely chop pickle and incorporate into dressing with the oil. Transfer potatoes to the bowl, with the wine that hasn’t been absorbed.
- Stir well. Chop eggs and incorporate delicately with peas and chopped dill. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.