A real country salad – Lebanese style. A must when garlic and vegetables are at their peak.
- 2 Pita breads
- 1 bunch purslane or aragula
- 2 tomatoes, medium cubed
- 2 cucumbers, medium cubed
- 1 small summer onion with green stem or 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- Aleppo pepper or Maras pepper
- 1 large garlic clove
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground sumac
- 2 Tbsp Pomegranate molasses
- 6 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Separate the pitas and toast them on a grill or in the oven until they are dry and well toasted.
- Shred the bread in small pieces into a large bowl. Cover with cold water for 5 seconds and drain.
- Add the vegetables.
- Pound garlic in a mortar with salt into a fine puree. Add pomegranate molasses, oil and mint. Pour into a bowl.
- Season to taste with Aleppo pepper. Mix well and let rest for ten minutes before serving.
- Garnish with pepper and pomegranate seeds (optional).