You’d be hard pressed to find a faster, tastier recipe than this fish with Korean pepper. Drying the fish with a paper towel then salting it ahead of time makes it much firmer.
- 2 white fish filets
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp Korean pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil or ghee
- 2 Tbsp ginger, julienned
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 2 Tbsp white wine or vermouth
- Rinse filets in running water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Salt filets and lay a paper towel on top. Let rest 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds and pepper on the filets. Gently press them down with the tips of your fingers to ensure the spices stick.
- Heat a pan on medium and add oil.
- Sprinkle ginger strips in the pan and add the fish, spice-side up. Cook for 3 minutes then flip.
- Immediately add lemon juice and white wine. Remove pan from heat but let fish rest 2 minutes, in the pan, to finish cooking.
- Garnish with chive and serve.