The flavours of this sauce develop over time, so it’s best to make a large batch and keep it in the fridge!
- 1 25 g can Jerk spices
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 barely ripe mango, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup mustard
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp. oil
- juice of 2 limes
- ¼ cup brown sugar (or more, to taste)
- ½ cup tamarind pulp
- 1 small cup dark rum
- ¼ cup ketchup
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and purée.
- Cook over medium low heat for 10 minutes, stirring often (be careful of splatter)
- Put in a bottle or jar- it’ll last months in the fridge.