Fresh, soothing and comforting; everything that a good soup should be.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 large leeks
- 1 Tbsp dried mint
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups plain yogurt
- 2 tsp flour
- 1 egg
- In a heavy skillet, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- Add leeks when butter begins to bubble.
- Cook about 10 min., stirring occasionally.
- Add Aleppo pepper, mint, salt, and pepper.
- Cook another 25 min. to allow leeks to steam. Don’t let them brown.
- Add broth and simmer 5 min.
- In a bowl, whisk together yogurt, egg, and flour.
- Lower heat. Add yogurt mixture. Stir constantly to heat through. Don’t allow the mixture to boil.
- In a small pan, warm the butter for garnish. Cook until lightly browned. In each serving of soup, drizzle some browned butter and serve.
Philippe & Ethné de Vienne©