This dish is easy and tasty. Serve it as an hors d’oeuvre or to accompany braised meat. This recipe comes courtesy of Félix Fecteau-Gauthier in Montréal.
- 5 oz tomato paste
- 18 oz lima beans
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Ethiopian Berbéré, ground
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pan with oil, caramelize the onions.
- Without touching onions, place tomato paste in the same pan.
- Add garlic to onions. Sprinkle with berbéré.
- Over medium heat, blend onion, garlic and spices well (approx. 2 minutes).
- With water, deglaze and work tomato paste into the mixture.
- Reduce until mixture is smooth and fairly thick.
- Remove from heat. Gently fold in chopped parsley and beans.
- Serve warm or cold on medium-sized toasts.