A delicious aioli with the flavors of Southern Asia, excellent with lamb, poultry and stir-fried vegetables.
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest, grated
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp dry ginger
- 1 tsp black pepper, ground
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 1 tsp turmeric, ground
- ½ cup olive oil
- Place the apricots in a bowl with just enough boiling water to cover them. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Drain the apricots and place in a blender with remaining ingredients except the oil. Purée. If needed, add some apricot soaking water.
- Blend while incorporating oil in a continuous stream.
A variation of the Avocado aioli from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home