One of our kids’ favorite recipe. We slow-cook our ribs, which concentrates the sugars and traps them in the meat. The result is tender and full of flavor.
- 3 lbs pork ribs, cut in pieces
- 2 Tbsp Angostura bitters
- ¼ cup Wine Vinegar
- 3 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Allspice, ground
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo pepper
- 2 tsp Black Peppercorns, ground
- 1 Tbsp Cumin
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- 2 Onions, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the meat. Once the mixture is thoroughly blended, add the meat pieces to the marinade and coat well. Cover and refrigerate for 12-24 hours.
- Place rack in the middle of the oven. Preheat to 325ºF.
- On a baking sheet, lay out the ribs and cook between 1 ¼ – 1 ½ hours, basting often. Cook until the meat falls off of the bone.
Philippe & Ethné de Vienne©