Tourtière, or Quebec meat pie, is a made with a traditional spice blend around Christmas time. It also happens to be excellent with all kinds of pork. Here we celebrate the best of summer cooking and winter flavours with a combination of the two.
- 2 lbs pork ribs
- 4 Tbsp tourtière spices
- 4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 cup ketchup
- Grind spices and add to 4 teaspoons of salt.
- Rub ribs with half of the spices. Set remaining spices aside.
- Grill ribs on high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Reduce heat to very low and cover. Cook for 1 hour, flipping every 15 minutes.
- Stir vinegar, ketchup and remaining spices together. Brush onto pork and cook for 10 more minutes.