We ate this almost every day one our most recent trip to India and we were still asking for more! It’s as fast as it is simple.
- 1 lb fish filets (kinfish, mackerel, salmon, etc.)
- 2 Tbsp Meen Masala
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 inch ginger, peeled and chopped
- Juice of one lime or lemon
- Salt, to taste
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- Gently rinse filets in cold water. Place fish, skin-side down, on a few paper towels. Place 2-3 sheets of paper towels on top to dry. Chop into equal-sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Grind spices in a mortar. Add chopped ginger and garlic and reduce to a purée. Add lime juice and salt to taste, then stir marinade.
- Add marinade to bowl and rub over fish pieces, ensuring each piece is coated evenly. Marinate 20-30 minutes.
- Heat a pan on medium. Add oil and add fish, skin-side down.
- Cook 2-3 minutes before flipping. Continue cooking another 2-3 minutes until fish is cooked through.
- Serve garnished with chopped cilantro.