Perfect as an appetizer or a quick meal with salad.
- 1 pizza dough (store bought or homemade)
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Spanish onion, cut into strips
- 1 Royal Gala apple, seeded and cut in half moons
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Little Italy Blend or Pizza Blend
- 1 Tbsp milk or almond milk
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- Maras Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Oil a large baking pan.
- In a large pan on medium heat, sauté the onion with a little oil for around 5 minutes. Transfer to a plate to drain. Set aside.
- In the same pan, sauté the apple slices on medium heat. Add the lemon juice and herb blend. Cook for 5 minutes, just until the apple slices begin to brown.
- On a floured surface, roll out the pizza dough into a 10×4 inch rectangle. Place the pizza dough on the oiled baking pan.
- Mix the remaining oil with the milk and brush it evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Put half the onions on the dough, then add the apple slices. Complete the filling by placing the rest of the onions in a layer on top.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. Serve hot or room temperature with the balsamic garnish, if desired.