This is our favorite Taratur variation. It’s a fine sauce that is excellent with chicken or cold fish.
- ½ cup pine nuts
- 3 Tbsp bitter orange juice or lemon and orange juice
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or minced fine
- Salt to taste
- White pepper, ground, to taste
- Place pine nuts in a food processor and reduce to a smooth paste. Place the paste in a bowl with all remaining ingredients. Mix well with a fork. The mixture will become thick and even harden a little.
- Gradually add water until you reach your desired texture: thick, creamy or liquidy. Taste and adjust seasoning.
A variation of the Sesame Taratur from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home