A pork chop recipe that recalls the scents of the Greek Isles.
- 4 pork chops, about ¾-inch thick
- 2 tsp sage
- 1 tsp fennel seed
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter
- 1 orange
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- Pat dry lamb chops with a paper towel. Sprinkle sage and fennel evenly on lamb. Tap gently with your hands so they stick well; salt and pepper.
- Heat a large pan over medium. Add oil, then the lamb. Cook one side until it begins to change color, about 6-7 minutes. Turn over.
- Peel orange zest in large pieces and place, with the garlic, between the pieces of meat. Cook another 4-6 minutes until pork is cooked to your taste. Remove chops to a plate and squeeze on some orange juice.
A variation of the Pan-fried Provençal Lamb from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home