Pork shoulder is fatty yet tender. Cooking it on high heat helps to get rid of some of the fat and caramelizes the delightful spices.
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp Dionysios’ Wild herbs
- 1 tsp Pasilla de Oaxaca flakes (optional)
- 4 x 6 oz. cuts of pork shoulder
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- Juice of half a lemon or 2 tbsp. vinegar of your choice
- In a mortar and pestle, blend the cumin, herbs, chilies, salt and pepper. Use this blend to season the pork.
- In a large, heavy pan, heat the oil on medium heat. Cook the pork for 3-4 minutes without turning over.
- Turn over the pork and continue cooking until pink meat juices appear on the surface of the pork (2-3 min.)
- Sprinkle the chopped garlic onto the slices of pork to lightly brown for aprox. 30 seconds. Add the lemon juice or vinegar. Shake the pan well and serve immediately.
Philippe & Ethné de Vienne©