The original quiche Lorraine doesn’t have cheese, just bacon or lardons. While we like to add a little cheese, it’s still great without!
- 1 pie crust bottom (see recipe)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 10 slices bacon, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup 35% cream
- 1 cup milk
- Nutmeg, grated, to taste
- ½ tsp white pepper, ground
- 1 cup grated cheese (Swiss, cheddar, mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat a pan on medium. Sauté bacon and onions for a few minutes. When onions are golden, remove from heat and cool.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, cream, milk, nutmeg, pepper and salt.
- Spread onions and bacon on top of the pie crust. Pour in the egg mixture and sprinkle grated cheese on top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Let rest 20 minutes before serving.