These roast mushroom make a great side when served hot. They can also be served cold along with other mezzes.
- 12 large Portobello mushrooms
- 3 shallots, chopped fine
- 1 Tbsp tarragon
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp coriander seed, ground
- 1 Tbsp black pepper, cracked
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vermouth or white wine
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil or clarified butter, melted
- Place all ingredients, except mushrooms, in a bowl and stir well. Place mushrooms on an ovenproof dish and rub the marinade over the stems and underneath the caps.
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place the dish in the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
A variation of the Tarragon-Roasted Rabbit from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home