A light, healthy and tasty dish! If possible, cook the shrimp in their shells: It’s much more flavorful.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp
- 3 scallions
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, julienned
- 2 Tbsp sherry
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp coconut aminos or 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp honey
- Rinse shrimp in running water. Lay on a plate.
- Chop scallion whites into 1-inch sections. Set greens aside to garnish at the end of cooking.
- Place all ingredients, except scallion greens, on top of shrimp. Stir.
- Place a metal steamer into a pot of boiling water. Put the plate on top of it. Cover and cook until shrimp is just cooked, 6-8 minutes.
- Serve garnished with minced scallion greens.
A variation of the Salmon steamed with seaweed from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home