Most hummus is made with chickpeas, however, it is a dish that can easily be modified and transformed with what you have on hand. For this recipe, we recommend using your favourite kind of winter squash : acorn, butternut, pumpkin.. ! Substituting the hazelnuts with almonds or walnuts is also possible.
- 1 cup of roasted squash in cubes
- ¼ cup of oven roasted hazelnuts
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 1 garlic clove, chopped fine
- 1-2 Tbsp lemon juice (to taste)
- 1 tsp zaatar
- A pinch of Aleppo Pepper
- Salt to taste
- A dash of olive oil
- Crush the hazelnuts into pieces in a food processor. Keep ¼ of the crushed nuts to garnish.
- Crush the remainder in the food processor until left with a fine powder.
- In a bowl, reduce the squash to a paste. Add all other ingredients, except for the olive oil, and whisk everything together. Taste and adjust. Garnish with the remaining hazelnuts and a dash of olive oil.