A simple green bean dish that has a delightful aroma and little bite. Serve hot or at room temperature.
- 4 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 6 Tbsp tomato paste
- 3 cups green beans, cooked
- ½ tsp Garam Masala or Aleppo Seven Spice
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo pepper
- Reshampatti to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- Salt to taste
- 2 Tbsp wine vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 cup parsley or cilantro
- Put olive oil and tomato paste in a pot and heat on medium-low. Sauté 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, chop green beans into 2-inch sections.
- Once the oil is red, add ¼ cup water, spices, green beans and garlic to the pot. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes. Add salt, vinegar and ¾ of the parsley. Cook 2-3 minutes more. Garnish with remaining parsley.
A variation of the Tomato-braised Beets from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home