This is a great way to make creamy spinach without adding cream. If needed, add a little more almond butter.
- 2 bunch spinach
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ tsp pepper, ground
- 1 hint grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup raisins
- 3 Tbsp Turkish pepper paste
- Salt to taste
- 4 Tbsp almond butter
- Juice of ½ lemon
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- Wash spinach and chop into 2-inch pieces.
- Place oil in a pot on medium heat and sizzle fenugreek seeds 5-10 seconds. Sauté scallions and garlic 2 minutes more. Add pepper, nutmeg and raisins and cook for 1 minute more. Incorporate pepper paste and raisins and cook another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add spinach, salt to taste, stir and sauté 3-4 minutes, until the spinach is cooked through.
- Incorporate almond butter and lemon juice. Let simmer gently 2 more minutes.
- Incorporate almonds. Add salt and pepper if needed.
A variation of the Thanksgiving Swiss Chard from The Spice Trekkers Cook at Home