This mouth-watering hamburger recipe was featured on The Ricardo Show.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 Tbsp Ethiopian Berbere Blend, ground
- 1/3 cup clarified butter (ghee) or spicy butter
- ¼ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- Cream cheese, to taste
- Relish or chutney, to taste
- 4 Hamburger bun or pita bread, cut in half and toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Salt and pepper
In a bowl, combine the meat, egg, garlic, ginger and 1 ½ tbls. of Ethiopian Berbere spices in a bowl.
Shape the meat mixture into 4 patties. Set aside.
In a large skillet, sauté the onion in 2 tbls. of clarified butter (ghee). Sprinkle with the remaining spices. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate.
In the same skillet, brown the patties in the remaining butter until cooked through (2-3 min.) Season with salt and pepper.
Garnish the bread with cream cheese and relish. Place the patties on the bottom bread. Garnish with onions and tomato slices.