The perfect recipe for a quick dinner. Make the sauce while boiling the pasta! If you don't have fennel, substitute with three celery sticks.
- 250 gr fettucini
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- ½ cup olive oil
- 4 Tbsp Tribal green pepper or 1 Tbsp black pepper, cracked
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 Italian tomatoes or 1 cup of canned tomatoes
- 1 can of Italian tuna in olive oil
- 1 glass of white wine
- 6 Tbsp capers, rinsed
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped (opt)
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 2 oz parmesan, grated
Heat olive oil in a pot on medium heat.
Add the onion, fennel, pepper and rosemary. Cook stirring occasionally until the vegetables are translucent (5 minutes).
Add wine and the oil from the can of tuna. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add the crushed tomatoes and cook for 2 more minutes, set aside. Incorporate the tuna and capers.
Meanwhile, cook the fettucini in boiling, salted water. Drain 1 minute before they become aldente. Set aside ½ cup of pasta water.
Place the pasta in the pot, add the sauce and cook for 1 more minute, stirring constantly. Add the pasta water if necessary.
Remove from heat. Add the parsley, garlic and parmesan. Mix well and serve immediately.