It doesn't get much easier than this! A fresh and peppery fish recipe.
- 1½ lb fillet sea bass with skin (or striped bass, red snapper, or yellow perch)
- Coarse sea salt, about ½ tsp. (2.5 ml) salt for every6 oz. (170 g) fish
- 1 tsp lemon zest, grated
- 1 tsp orange zest, grated
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Juice of ½ orange
- Salted capers, rinsed, OR caperons (large capers), cut in half
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper blend, ground
Place fillets in a large dish. Sprinkle with salt on both sides. Cover and refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
Rinse fish well in cold running water. Dry well. Slice into four portions. Rub with oil.
In a frying pan (or on the barbecue) grill fish over high heat approximately 3 minutes on either side.
Combine citrus zest, juice, capers, olive oil and pepper.
Serve accompanied with vinaigrette sauce and sautéd watercress.