Grilled mackerel filets and mustard, beet salad
A great twist on the classic maquereaux à la moutarde recipe, served with a hearty and fresh salad.
- ¼ cup un-salted butter, room temperature
- 3 Tbsp old-fashioned mustard
- 1 bouquet chives, chopped
- ½ tsp Staff Spice Blend for Fish, ground
- 3 Tbsp chives, chopped
- 2 Tbsp Sherry vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 pinch Staff Spice Blend for Fish, ground
- 2 Tbsp old-fashioned mustard
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked beets, quartered
- ½ apple, in sticks
- 4 Tbsp onions, slivered
- 1 lb mackerel filets
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Staff Spice Blend for Fish, ground
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
Place the butter in a bowl and beat with a fork. Incorporate the mustard, chives and spices. Set aside.
Place the chives, vinegar, salt, pepper, spices and mustard in a bowl. Mix well using a fork, then stream in the oil mixing continuously.
Add the beets, apple and onions to the vinaigrette. Mix well.
Rinse the filets in cold water, sponge dry with a paper towel. Place on a plate and sprinkle on the salt and spices.
Heat the grill on medium. Brush some oil on the fish.
Grill on the skin side for 3 minutes, turn over and grill 1 more minute.
Put on plates, garnished with chive butter. Serve accompanied by the beet salad.