Mizuna is a lightly peppery leafy green from Japan that perfectly complements grilled meats. If you don’t happen to have any on hand, don’t hesitate to replace it with arugula.
- 4 large bunches fresh mizuna or rocket
- 12 shiso leaves or fresh basil, chopped
- 1 Tbsp olive or sesame oil
- ½ tsp shoyu (light soy sauce)
- zest of one lemon, or more to taste
- ½ tsp sansho pepper, ground
- 8 green onions, chopped fine
Combine the mizuna and basil leaves in a salad bowl.
Add the oil and mix well. Then add the shoyu, lemon zest, and mix again.
Add the sansho pepper and finish with the green onions.