Scotch & Salmon Mousse Canapés
A lovely twist to a proven classic, with a generous dash of Scotch.
- 170 gr smoked salmon
- 4 Tbsp Scotch
- 250 gr cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tsp white pepper, ground
- 1 generous pinch grated nutmeg OR ground mace
- 1 pinch Cayenne pepper, ground
- 6-8 slices of Pumpernickel bread
- Dill weeds, to garnish
- Cracked black pepper, to garnish
Using your fingers, shred ⅔ of the smoked salmon and put in a food processor with the Scotch. Reduce to a purée. Set aside the remaining smoked salmon to garnish later.
Add the room temperature cream cheese. Blend well to obtain a spreadable purée. Add milk to achieve the desired texture if needed.
Cut the bread into 1 ½-inch bite-size squares.
Place a heaping spoonful of smoked salmon cheese on each canapé. Garnish with a strip of smoked salmon, dill and cracked pepper.