A fresh, nourishing salad, perfect for lunches! To make the vinaigrette, we enjoy using the oil from the jar of dried tomatoes; simply top it up with olive oil.
- 1 Tbsp Tex-Mex blend, ground
- 2 Tbsp cider vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups cooked red beans
- 3 celery branches, very thinly sliced
- ½ red Bell pepper, slivered
- ½ green Bell pepper, slivered
- 6 green shallots, chopped
- 10 dried tomatoes in oil, drained and slivered
- ¼ bouquet Italian parsley, chopped
Blend the spices, salt and vinegar. Let rest for 10 minutes.
Mix the beans, vegetables, dried tomatoes and parsley in a large salad bowl.
Add the oil to the vinegar.
Pour the vinaigrette on to the salad and mix well.