A great accompaniment to any roasted poultry, this stuffing really shines with its counterpart, Turkish Turkey. You can also simply simmer the ingredients together for a few minutes before serving if you don’t want to finish it in the bird.
- Oil for cooking
- 2-3 medium shallots, minced
- 5-6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups long grain rice, cooked
- 2 Tbsp Kofte Spices, ground
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup dried fruits: raisins, currants, or cranberries
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup Italian parsley, chopped
In a large pan, heat oil on medium. Add the shallots and garlic and fry for 2-3 minutes until they begin to soften.
Add rice and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Add spices, dried fruit and almonds, then stir until they are incorporated.
Add wine and stir. Remove from heat and cool before stuffing the turkey.
After cooking is finished, remove the stuffing and stir in the parsley while its still hot.