- 1 cup wild rice
- 4 cups water
- 3 Tbsp cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- ½ to 1 tsp miso or soya sauce
- A few grains of cardamom, ground
- ½ tsp pink pepper, ground
- ½ tsp white pepper, ground
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/3 cup sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt, if desired
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup apples, diced
- ½ cup chives or green onions, chopped finely
- ¾ cup roasted pecans
In a saucepan, add water and rice.
Bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat. Steam for 45 minutes to one hour, or until grains of rice are well cooked and plump without having burst.
Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
In a bowl, combine vinegar, garlic, miso or soya sauce, peppers, cardamom and maple syrup. Whisk together.
Add rice, celery, apples, chives, and pecans to the vinaigrette. Mix together. Taste for seasoning and adjust if desired. Let stand one hour at room temperature before serving.