This genuine rendition of chili con carne is best with tender cubes of meat. Accompany chili con carne with frijoles, tortillas, and salsa.
- 2.2 lbs Beef or Pork, cubed
- 1 onion, pricked with 1 whole clove
- 2 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 Bay leaf
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp Chili spice blend, ground
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- Onion, finely chopped
- Fresh Coriander
- Avocado, sliced
- Rinse meat. In a casserole dish, place the meat with pricked onion, bay leaf, and salt. Add enough cold water to cover.
- Bring to the boil and skim surface clean. Let simmer for one hour and set aside.
- Heat a cooking dish over medium heat. Combine oil, chili spice, and chopped onion. Cook and stir constantly for five minutes.
- Add drained meat and tomatoes. Cook for five minutes.
- Add enough stock to make a smooth, creamy sauce. Let simmer 1/2 hour over low heat.
- Garnish just before serving.
Philippe & Ethné de Vienne©