- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup small peeled shrimps
- 3 shallots, chopped
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- hot chili, to taste
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp Satay spices, ground
- 1 to 1½ cups flour
- 2 eggs
- Oil for frying
- Mix corn, shrimp, shallots, chili, salt and spices in a bowl.
- Add enough flour so that the ingredients are somewhat dry. Blend in the eggs to make a stiff batter.
- Shape into 3 by ¾-inch patties.
- Pour ¼ inch of oil in a large frying pan. Cook patties on medium heat until golden brown (approx. 3 minutes per side).
- Place the patties on a paper towel. Serve hot or at room temperature.