In Peru, this ceviche is often served with corn or yucca instead of cucumber.
- ¼ cup aji amarillo paste
- 1 lb cooked, deveined shrimp
- ½ cup freshly-squeezed lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 small cucumber, sliced
- Salt to taste
- 8 ice cubes
- ¼ cup cilantro, freshly sliced
- Set aside half of the aji paste.
- Place remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir.
- Let stand 2 minutes to allow ice to cool the ceviche.
- Remove ice cubes and pour onto individual plates. Garnish with remaining aji paste.